Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Nitty-Gritty


I really, really thought that once I wrote about the situation with the International Breastfeeding Journal, that I could move forward. Nope.
I decided something didn't ring true, something just ain't right. The editor of this Journal is Dr. Lisa Amir, who is also a researcher from Australia. Why was her response so strange (in my mind) to this article on milk banks. My alarm bells were ringing in my head. She didn't seem to understand that just making a name change (from breastfeeding to breast milk feeding) in the conclusion did not correct the essential problem with this paper.
Well, I did a little search and found that Dr. Lisa Amir is involved with a milk bank in Geelong, Australia.
Copyright 2010 Valerie W. McClain

No comments:

Post a Comment